Elkhorn Inn Rules & Regulations
We hope you will enjoy our historic home, the Elkhorn Inn & Theatre. As this is our home, and an old and historic one, we ask that you observe a few simple rules for your comfort and safety. These rules are hereby published on our website, and posted at our check-in desk for all guests to read prior to checking in.
- Guests stay at the Elkhorn Inn at their own risk. Management is NOT responsible, and will not be held liable, in any way, for any injuries on our properties, or in the Elkhorn Inn or at the Elkhorn Inn's Theatre. Please be careful. If this is not acceptable to you, please do not stay at the Elkhorn Inn & Theatre.
- If you have a shared bathroom, please be considerate of other guests. Shared bathrooms may be shared by several guests.
- Please be considerate at night when other guests may be sleeping. "Quiet Time" is from 11p.m. to 7a.m.
- Check-in is from 12 noon, and check-out is 12 noon, unless other arrangements are made with Dan and Elisse Clark.
- Management is NOT responsible for your personal belongings and/or vehicle(s), and will not be held responsible in any way. Please take care of your personal belongings and and secure them properly.
- A $25 replacement fee for missing room keys will be billed to your credit card if your guest room key is missing after your departure.
- NO SMOKING in guest rooms. There is no smoking in any area not specifically
designated a smoking area at the Elkhorn Inn & Theatre. The ONLY designated smoking
areas at the Elkhorn Inn are outside on our patio or outside on the 2nd floor balcony. Guests who break this rule will be asked to leave the Inn immediately and a $250.00 cleaning fee will be added to their credit card. No refund will be given.
- All guest rooms have smoke detectors, and there are fire extinguishers throughout the building. Please familiarize yourself with their locations.
- NO candles or open flames are allowed in guest rooms or bathrooms.
- Well-behaved children are always welcome. Children must be supervised, and parents/ guardians are responsible for their children's safety, and for any damages they may do. If you or your child breaks or destroys something that belongs to the Inn, your credit card will be charged for its replacement cost.
- Pets are welcome by prior arrangement. A $25.00 pet cleaning fee per stay will apply for any guest room housing a pet. Pet owners are 100% responsible for their pets and for any and all damages their pets may do, and must bring all items their pet needs to be happy and safe (food, treats, dishes, medicine, toys, bed, leash, muzzle, collar, "blankie", etc.). All pets must remain leashed while on our properties, and pets must not create any problems for other residents of the Inn.
- Continental Breakfast is served in the dining room on the first floor from 8a.m. - 10a.m.
Dry cereals and coffee are available in the dining room for "early risers".
- Group bookings must be paid in full, on one credit card, two weeks prior to arrival.
- Rooms are booked on a single or double occupancy basis. Maximum two persons to a room.
- Minimum age 21.
- Reservations are accepted in advance with a major credit card only. One week's notice is required for a refund, and two weeks notice is required for a refund during holiday and festival times. No-shows will be charged for their reserved stay.
- Guests are only allowed in designated "Guest Areas" of our home. This includes the
dining room, living room, assigned guest rooms, patio, balcony, and TV room. Guests are NOT allowed in the kitchen, or in our private living areas or rooms. A mini-fridge is avaialable for guest use. Please ask Dan or Elisse if you have items needing refrigeration.
- Ice from our ice machine is $1.50/bag. Please ask Dan or Elisse if you would like to purchase ice. Gift Shop items are priced as marked. Please ask Dan or Elisse if you have any questions about the price of an item.
- Free telephone calls may be made from our "Magic Jack" telephone in the Fireplace Lounge. If, for any reason, long distance or other charges are found on our bill(s) after your departure, your credit card will be billed for them, plus a $25.00 fee, and all applicable charges, taxes, and fees.
- Food and beverages purchased outside the Inn may NOT be consumed at the Elkhorn Inn & Theatre. Lunches, Dinners, and Hot Breakfasts at the Inn are available by reservation.
- Books, videos, games, bathrobes, towels, art, museum and gift shop items, room decor items, radios, etc., are Inn property, and for you to enjoy during your stay at the Elkhorn Inn & Theatre. If you love something at the Inn and wish to purchase it, please see Dan or Elisse. If any item(s) are found to be missing from the Inn or damaged after your departure, your credit card will be billed for their replacement cost.
- Use of the Elkhorn Inn's Theatre is only by prior, written arrangement with Dan and Elisse Clark.
- Guests who do not obey these rules, or who abuse the management, staff, other guests, or our home or property in any way, will be asked to leave the Inn immediately, and, if necessary, be escorted from the building. No refund will be given.