Welcome to Elkhorn Inn & Theater!
Welcome to the "Coal Heritage Trail" Elkhorn Inn! Whether you love fine dining, railfanning, fishing, ATVing, hiking, "leaf-peeping", golf, history, or just hanging out in the beautiful mountains, there's plenty for you to enjoy at the Elkhorn Inn! Featured on CNN Travel, HGTV, and Speed Channel, we provide up to 30 guests with unique, historic lodging in 14 a/c guest rooms, and truly fine dining in the southern West Virginia mountains! Kids are welcome, and we're "pet-friendly", too!
Sean Hoyden's photo of the NS "Pocahontas" going past the Elkhorn Inn- "The Best Legal Train-Watching Location in the USA" according to Railfan & Railroad Magazine!
Fine dining at the Elkhorn Inn
THE best ATVing in the eastern USA! 100s of miles of FREE trail AND the famed "Hatfield-McCoy Trail System!
Amenities at the Elkhorn Inn
- FREE WiFi internet access
- FREE phone calls & Verizon "booster" for cell phone reception
- FREE parking, with room for ATVs, motorcycles, and vehicle trailers. Power washer for guest use.
- FREE Continental Breakfast included with guest room
- Fine dining by reservation- lunches and dinners and special breakfasts
- Child and Pet-Friendly!
- Mini-Fridge for guest use. Ice machine and wine cooler.
- Air conditioning/heating, down & down-alternative comforters, feather pillows, bathrobes, and Signature Toiletries in each guest room. Antique, claw-food bathtubs, too!
- Satellite television, VCR, DVD, books and movies, children's books and games
- Railroad scanner and monitor and rail-view guest rooms, balcony, and patio
- Gift Shop/Gallery featuring made-in West Virginia foods, signed books, hand-crafted jewelry, vintage American quilts and railroad china, fine art, and vintage textiles
- Museum Room focusing on area history, railroading, and coal mining
- Covered Front Patio
- Garden: guests are welcome to pick veggies in season!
- Special Events: Weddings, Receptions, Meetings, Reunions, Workshops, etc. Dining at the Inn for up to 26 people.