Welcome to Elkhorn Inn & Theater!
Welcome to the "Coal Heritage Trail" Elkhorn Inn! Whether you love fine dining, railfanning, fishing, ATVing, hiking, "leaf-peeping", golf, history, or just hanging out in the beautiful mountains, there's plenty for you to enjoy at the Elkhorn Inn! Featured on CNN Travel, HGTV, and Speed Channel, we provide up to 30 guests with unique, historic lodging in 14 a/c guest rooms, and truly fine dining in the southern West Virginia mountains! Kids are welcome, and we're "pet-friendly", too!
Sean Hoyden's photo of the NS "Pocahontas" going past the Elkhorn Inn- "The Best Legal Train-Watching Location in the USA" according to Railfan & Railroad Magazine!
Fine dining at the Elkhorn Inn by reservation
Dinners from $55.00 per person, Hot Breakfasts from $15.00 per person, and Lunches from $17.00 per person, + tax and 15% gratuity.
THE best ATVing in the eastern USA! 100s of miles of FREE trail AND the famed "Hatfield-McCoy Trail System!
Amenities at the Elkhorn Inn
Elkhorn Inn Dining Room
Guests, including author/historian James Portefield and documentary filmmaker Elaine McMillion, on the Elkhorn Inn's front porch...
Elkhorn Inn Fireplace Lounge
Yellow Guest Room, Private Bath
Blue Guest Room, Private Bath
Apples Guest Room
- FREE WiFi internet access
- FREE phone calls
- FREE parking, with room for ATVs, motorcycles, and vehicle trailers. Power washer available for guest use.
- FREE Continental Breakfast included in our guest room rates
- Fine dining by reservation: lunches, dinners, and hot breakfasts
- We are child, family, and pet-friendly! ($25 pet fee, per guest room)
- Mini-Fridge for guest use. Ice machine and wine cooler.
- Air conditioning/heating, down & down-alternative comforters, feather pillows, bathrobes, and Signature Toiletries in each guest room. Antique, claw-food bathtubs, too!
- Satellite television, VCR, DVD, 100s of books, movies, children's books, and games
- Railroad scanner and monitor and rail-view guest rooms, balcony, and patio
- Gift Shop/Gallery featuring made-in West Virginia gifts, "foodie" products, signed books, hand-crafted jewelry, vintage American quilts and railroad china, fine, original art, and vintage textiles
- Museum Room focusing on area history, railroading, and coal mining
- Covered Front Patio
- Garden: guests are welcome to pick veggies in season and hang out in our garden and railfan!
- Special Events: Weddings, Receptions, Meetings, Reunions, Corporate and Organization Meetings, Workshops, Incentive Groups, etc. Dining at the Inn for up to 26 people, more for hors d'ouerve buffet.