Dinners at the Inn include salad, entree with fresh, seasonal vegetables, bread, desert, soft drink/bottled water, desert, and coffee or tea. We can accomodate most dietary restrictions and preferences, and dinner may be served any time you like! A variety of delicious entrees are available, including:
- Herb-Stuffed Cornish Game Hen
- Almond-Crusted Pan-Fried Trout or Catfish (depending on market availability)
- Poached Salmon with Alfredo-Dill Sauce
- Pork Chop with Brandy-Mustard Mushroom Sauce, served over pasta or rice
- Chicken Breast with Pinot Noir-Dried Cherry Sauce from James Porterfield's "Dining By Rail"
- Tortellini with Artichokes, Sun-Dried Tomatoes, and Pesto, from James Porterfield's "From the Dining Car"
- Vietnamese Tumeric-Garlic Marinated Pork Chop, served with rice and stir-fried vegetables
- Vietnamese "Claypot" Ginger Chicken, served with rice and stir-fried vegetables
- Asian Stir-Fried Chicken and Vegetables (spicy or mild), served with rice
- Chicken Piccata, served over pasta
- Shrimp Scampi, served over pasta
- Baked Chicken Breast, served on a Caesar Dinner Salad
- Chilean Smoked Pork Tenderloin with Quince-Merken Glaze, served with Jalepeno-Cilantro Salsa
- Antiguan Rum-Marinated Steak, served with Onion Jam and Coconut Rice and Beans
- Ghana Chicken-Peanut Stew, served with rice and traditional condiments
- Israeli "Meurav Yerushalmi" (Jeruslaem Mixed Grill), served with pita and traditional condiments
- Chef Dan's Herb-Rubbed Smoked Ribs
- Chef Dan's Herb-Rubbed Smoked Lamb Chops
- Pasta with House-Made Tomato-Mushroom Sauce and Chef Dan's Meatballs or Pesto
The Elkhorn Inn is featured in "Great Country Inns of America" Cookbook, and Inn The Kitchen, & Chef Dan has been showcased cooking on "Good Morning West Virginia" & in other media.
15% Gratuity and 6% WV sales tax additional; 18% Gratuity added for groups of 6 and above.