Chef Dan Dinners at the Inn - Menu
Rum-Marinated Steak, served with Onion Jam & Coconut Rice and Beans. Complete Dinner $65.00 per person + 15% gratuity and tax.
Chef Dan's Chicken Picatta, served over Pasta. Complete Dinner $55.00 per person + 15% gratuity and tax.
Chef Dan's Herb-Stuffed Roast Cornish Game Hen, served with Rice & Fresh Pea Puree. Complete Dinner $55.00 per person + 15% gratuity and tax.
Chef Dan's Pork Chop in Brandy-Mustard Mustard Sauce, served over Pasta. Complete Dinner $55.00 per person + 15% gratuity and tax.
Chef Dan's Herb-Rubbed Smoked Ribs. Complete Dinner $55.00 per person + 15% gratuity and tax.
Chef Dan's signature Pumpkin-Mango Soup, featured on InnTheKitchen and The Travel Bite!
Chef Dan Dinners at the Inn include salad, entree with fresh, seasonal vegetables, bread with butter or dipping oil, soft drink/bottled water, desert, and coffee or tea.We can accomodate most dietary restrictions and preferences, and dinner may be served any time you like! A Kosher Continental Breakfast with packaged Kosher food and disposable plates and cutlery is served on request. A variety of delicious entrees are available, including:
- Herb-Stuffed Cornish Game Hen, served with potatoes or rice and seasonal vegetable
- Almond-Crusted Pan-Fried Trout or Catfish (depending on market availability), served with potatoes or rice and seasonal vegetable
- Poached Salmon with Alfredo-Dill Sauce, served over pasta or rice
- Pork Chop with Brandy-Mustard Mushroom Sauce, served over pasta or rice
- Chicken Breast with Pinot Noir-Dried Cherry Sauce from James Porterfield's "Dining By Rail"
- Tortellini with Artichokes, Sun-Dried Tomatoes, and Pesto, from James Porterfield's "From the Dining Car"
- Vietnamese Tumeric-Garlic Marinated Pork Chop, served with rice and stir-fried vegetables
- Vietnamese "Claypot" Ginger Chicken, served with rice and stir-fried vegetables
- Asian Stir-Fried Chicken and Vegetables (spicy or mild), served with rice
- Chicken Piccata, served over pasta or rice
- Shrimp Scampi, served over pasta or rice
- Louisiana ""Beer Can Chicken", served with "Dirty Rice" and seasonal vegetable
- Baked Chicken Breast, served with potatoes, rice, or on a Caesar Dinner Salad
- Chilean Pork Tenderloin with Quince-Merken Glaze, served with Jalepeno-Cilantro Salsa
- Antiguan Rum-Marinated Steak, served with Onion Jam and Coconut Rice & Beans
- Ghana Chicken-Peanut Stew, served with rice and traditional condiments
- Israeli "Meurav Yerushalmi" (Jerusalem Mixed Grill), served with pita and traditional condiments
- Authentic Indian "Butter Chicken", served with rice and flat bread and chutney
- Chef Dan's Herb-Rubbed Smoked Ribs
- Chef Dan's Herb-Rubbed Smoked Lamb Chops
- Pasta with House-Made Tomato-Mushroom Sauce and Chef Dan's Meatballs or our House-Made Pesto
The Elkhorn Inn is featured in "Great Country Inns of America" Cookbook, and on Inn The Kitchen and The Travel Bite, and Chef Dan has been showcased cooking on "Good Morning West Virginia" & in other media. Please see our reviews on TripAdvisor, Yelp, bedandbreakfast.com and iloveinns.com, as well as in the Charleston Gazette and Railfan & Railroad!
15% Gratuity (18% for parties of 6 and above) and 12% tax is additional.
Hors d'oeuvre Buffet up to 30 people - from $25 per person
Includes four appetizers, coffee, and soft drinks/bottled water. Hors d'oeuvre selection can include:
- Stuffed Mushrooms
- Chicken Sate Skewers
- Vegetable "Crudite" Platter and dipping sauce
- Cheeses, Olives, Pickles, and Crackers
- Shrimp and Cocktail Sauce
- Mini Egrolls or Chinese Dumplings ("Potstickers") with Dipping Sauce
- Chips and Salsa
15% gratuity (18% for parties of 6 and above) and tax is additional. Please call us at 1-800-708-2040 for details.