Chef Dan Dinners at the Elkhorn Inn include salad or soup, entree with a seasonal vegetable, bread with butter or dipping oil, soft drink/bottled water, desert, and coffee or tea. We can accomodate most dietary restrictions and preferences, and dinner may be served any time you like! We do not have a wine or beer license, but you are welcome to bring you own, and there is no charge for doing so!
A variety of delicious entrees are available, including:
- Herb-Stuffed Cornish Game Hen, served with potatoes or rice and seasonal vegetable
- Almond-Crusted Pan-Fried Trout or Catfish (depending on market availability), served with potatoes or rice and seasonal vegetable. For at least two peple.
- Poached Salmon with Alfredo-Dill Sauce, served over pasta or ricePork Chop with Brandy-Mustard Mushroom Sauce, served over pasta or rice
- Chicken Breast with Red Wine-Cherry Sauce from James Porterfield’s “Dining By Rail”. For at least two people.
- Authentic Sichuan Kung Pao Chicken, made with Sichuan Peppers from Chengdu, China, and served with rice and a stir-fried vegetable. For at least two people.
- Tortellini with Artichokes, Sun-Dried Tomatoes, and Pesto, from James Porterfield’s “From the Dining Car”.
- Vietnamese Tumeric-Garlic Marinated Pork Chop, served with rice and stir-fried vegetables. For at least two people.
- Mexican Dinner: Chicken in Achiote Sauce, served with Mexican Rice, Nopales (Cactus), and Xikil Pak, a Mayan Pumpkin Seed Pate. For at least two people.
- Pugliese Eggplant Parmigiana with meat, or Four-Cheese Eggplant Parmigiana (vegitarian). For at least two people.
- Vegan Dinner: Pasta with Grilled Portobello Mushrooms or other seasonal vegetables, and our house-made Tomato Sauce
- Vietnamese “Claypot” Ginger Chicken, served with rice and stir-fried vegetables. For at least two people.
- Chinese or Vietnamese-Style Stir-Fried Chicken or Beef and Vegetables (spicy or mild), served with rice.
- Chicken Piccata, served over pasta or rice.
- Shrimp Scampi, served over pasta or rice.
- Lemon-Pepper Chicken, served with potatoes, rice or pasta, and seasonal vegetable.
- Louisiana “Beer Can Chicken” for two people, served with “Dirty Rice” and seasonal vegetable.
- Baked Chicken Breast, served with potatoes, rice, or over a Caesar Dinner Salad.
- Chilean Pork Tenderloin with Quince-Merken Glaze, served with Jalepeno-Cilantro Salsa
- Caribbean Dinner: Antiguan-Style Rum-Marinated Steak, served with our house-made Caribbean Onion Jam and Coconut Rice & Beans
- Ghana Chicken-Peanut Stew, served with rice, chutney, and traditional condiments. For at least four people.
- Israeli “Meurav Yerushalmi” (Jerusalem Mixed Grill) of turkey, chicken and beef, served with pita and traditional condiments. For at least two people.
- Authentic Indian “Butter Chicken”, served with rice, flat bread, and chutney. For at least four people.
- Chef Dan’s Herb-Rubbed Smoked Ribs. For at least four people.
- Chef Dan’s Herb-Rubbed Smoked Lamb Chops. For at least four people.
- Chef Dan’s Smoked Salmon. For at least two people.
- Pasta with our House-Made Tomato-Mushroom Sauce and Meatballs or our House-Made Ramp or Basil Pesto (vegitarian).
In addition to Bon Appetit Appalchia, Chef Dan’s recipes are featured in the “Great Country Inns of America” Cookbook, and he has been featured on Inn The Kitchen, The Travel Bite, Behind The Knife, in the Charleston Gazette-Mail, and Railfan & Railroad Magazine. Chef Dan has been showcased cooking on “Good Morning West Virginia” & in other media. You can see our reviews on TripAdvisor, Yelp, bedandbreakfast.com, and iloveinns.com, as well as in the Charleston Gazette, and Railfan & Railroad Magazine!